Aida Andrés — PI
Joshua Schmidt — Postdoc
David Reher — PhD student (with Janet Kelso), at the MPI-EVA in Leipzig.
Harvinder Pawar — UCL MSci Genetics student.
Simran Rai — UCL MSci Genetics student.
Derron Abdulla — UCL MSc Genetics of Human Disease student.
Anna Wiecek — MRC rotating PhD student.
Alfie Gleeson — LIDo rotating PhD student (with Aida Gomez-Robles).
The wonderful people in the group at UCL
- Paolo Abondio, visiting PhD student from the University of Bologna, Italy.
or while we were part of the Department of Evolutionary Genetics, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig
- Joshua Schmidt, postdoc, with Sergi Castellano, working on local adaptation in chimpanzees. Now postdoc in the group at UCL, London, UK.
- Bárbara Bitarello, visiting PhD student and postdoc, developing methods to identify the signatures of balancing selection in genomes. Now postdoc at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
- João Teixeira, PhD student, studying the conservation of balancing selection across species. Now postdoc at the University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia.
- Felix-M. Key, PhD student studying local adaptation in human populations. Now postdoc at the MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- Philip Kleinert, Masters’ student studying local adaptation on balanced standing variation. Now PhD student at the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany.
- Muslih Abdul-Aziz, graduate student studying local adaptation in the TRPM8 cold receptor. Now a PhD student at the University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia.
- Katalina Bobowik, graduate student investigating local adaptation on nonsense changes. Now a PhD student at the University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia.
- Romain Laurent, postdoc studying conservation of selective pressures across primates. Now research engineer at the Musee de l’Homme in Paris, France.
- Cesare de Filippo, postdoc working on local adaptation on previously balanced alleles. Now researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany.
- Àngel Belmonte Aguirre, Masters’ student. Now scientific editor at Clarivate Analytics, Leipzig, Germany.
- Homa Papoli, student. Now PhD student at the University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden.
- Juan Ramón Meneu, programmer. Now school teacher back in his natal town in Castello, Spain.
- Genís Parra, senior programmer, bioinformatician, and more. Now data analyst at CNAG/CRG, Barcelona, Spain.